New CaveGirl Plus One NEWSLETTER!
Extra Extra have you heard the news? CaveGirl Plus One now has a newsletter! Eacy bi-weekly newsletter will include a special recipe and some insider tips to help you maximize fertlity and grow a happy healthy little cavebaby. Here's a little smattering of what you'll find in these bi-weekly emails. To sign up, simply add your name to the list on the right hand side of the screen.
The Magical Powers of Gelatin
True story....I use gelatin a lot! Here are a few quick reasons why you should incorporate gelatin into your diet.
- Helps with gut healing and digestion
- Helps to combat constipation
- Supports healthy hair and nail growth
- Helps skin become more 'elastic' (good for fending off pregnancy stretch marks)
- Source of protein and healthy amino acids that are only found in joints of animals. This includes Glycine, which is a potenent anti-inflammatory.
- Helps balance hormones. This can be helpful for women who sufferfrom PCOS or estrogen dominance.
Blueberry Ginger Gummies
These healthy low sugar gummies are a source of electrolytes thanks to the sea salt. They are a great quick snack, pick-me-up during a trainning session or or as an easy to digest labour fuel. The ginger can also make them great for nausea in the first trimester of pregnancy.
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup boiling water
2 tbs balsamic vinager (or more water)
2 tbs grassfed gelatin (find it here)
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp powdered ginger
Stevia as desired to taste
Place the blueberries, stevia and balsamic in a small saucepan and cook for 5-10 mins or until cooked and have released there sweet juices. Transfer to blender or use an immersion blender (careful if your mixture is hot!) and puree until well blended. Return to pot.
Mix gelatin into water and allow to "bloom" for 5 mins.
Re-heat blueberry mix adding in sea salt, ginger and gelatin mix. Don't let boil but get hot enough to mix in gelatin. Stir well until combined. Allow to sit for 30-ish mins and then transfer into a silicon mini muffin pan or molds of some sort. Chill for 3-4hrs and enjoy!