Oh, man! I've been a little under the weather lately but wanted to wet your whistle with a few links I've been following this week (while in the comfort of my sick bed!).
- Start squatting and stop doing kegels: Women often ask me about Kegles. How many should they do? How often? How did the kegel become the 'wholy grail' of pelvic floor health? This one exercise fails to recognize the complexity of our most wonderful pelvic floor. This post summarizes many of the recommendations I share with my clients. Katy Bowman also has her own site and iphone/ipad APP. Check it out on itunes! The best $9.99 you'll ever spend.
- Research that has found proof that grains are destroying our brains
- More epigenetic research that links a mother's metabolic health to her offsprings future obesity risk
- Alcohol in pregnancy. Is it safe? Certainly the most balanced article I've read in a while!
- Finally, for the recipe lovers, I want to try this recipe sooo badly this next week. Let's hope I get well enough to stir up some trouble.
Stay tuned for a new post on Pregnancy Tea's in the near future...until then, I'm going to continue to be a tea granny myself and nurture my need for rest.